Paris the city of love and fashion capital in the world. Paris is also known for it’s art,architecture and their history which is reflected with their monuments. Every travelers would list Paris as one of their destination, for some they would make Paris their dream destination.
On this post we showcase famous and beautiful places to visit in Paris,France. On this post We will take you on a tour in the City of love and Fashion capital in the world.
Getting to Paris
You have three options to get to Paris and that’s either by Eurostar, flying or taking the ferry. Air France is the national carrier and provides low cost fares, but you could also try Skyscanner who compare flights. You will fly into either Charles de Gaulle or Orly airports. Both airports connect to central Paris by taxi, Paris airport shuttle, and the Metro combined with the RER which is the regional rail system and if taking this mode of transport we would suggest you buy a Carnet which is a set of individual tickets that work out much cheaper than buying a single ticket each time.You can then use these while in Paris to get from A – B. Otherwise you can take the ferry, you could try Ferryonline who compare ferries to France. The most popular route between the UK and France is from Dover to Calais. Journey time is just 90 minutes and then a drive along the E15 & E19. You then have your car to explore more of France.
10. Place de la Concorde – Second largest square in France this was built in honor of King Louis XV. On the photo below, you will notice nice Architecture and cleanliness of the place.
9. Place de la Bastille – The place where Bastille prison used to stand and is now marked by a monument, they call it Le Colonne de Juillet.
8. The Latin Quarter – Is one of the busiest area in the city, due to the Universities around it. Many come here because the place have lots of restaurants open around the clock. Near this place are some Architectural attractions such as Sorbonne, Paris Mosque, the Pantheon, the Arena Lu, Square Rene-Viviani.
7. Moulin Rouge – Many travelers is attracted on this place for it’s notorious atmosphere, some would consider this place as a true nest of freedom. Can-Can dances created an atmosphere of Perpetual Feast.
6. Cathedral Notre Dame de Paris – Notre Dame Cathedral or Notre Dame de Paris is considered as one of the finest example of French Gothic architecture. The church houses the purpoted crown of thorns, a fragment of the true cross and one of the holy nails relics.
5. Montmartre – Is a hill which stands 130 metres high, is known for the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré Cœur this place also has a nightclub district. Many film-makers would go to Montmarte to shoot a scene in the place.
4.Elysian Fields or Champs Elysees – Main street in Paris “Elysian Fields” is the most expensive street in Europe because it hosts luxurious boutiques that sells high end brands, this street also has some of the world-famous companies.
3. Arc de Triomphe – Arch in Paris was built by order of Napoleon. One of the great Architecture being created in Paris, this was built to perpetuate the invincibility of Napoleon’s army in stone.
2. Louvre – This is the main museum of Paris, Louvre hosts great Artworks and Paintings such as The Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and Code of Hammurabi from famous painters and antique relics from Ancient Egypt and Western Europe. Louvre is King Philip Augustus magnificent palaces.
1. The Eiffel Tower – Eiffel Tower is the most visited attraction in Paris and is the symbol of France, it is also the symbol of their postcard. By going on top of the tower, you can see the magnificent beauty of the entire city. Eiffel tower is also used for radio and television broadcasts this tower also serves as a weather station.